It’s that time of year where all I want to cook is warm delicious soups! This soup might not sound the most appetizing to some but let me tell you… it’s super delicious! When I first told my husband that I wanted to make this soup he was like ummm no thanks I will cook something else for myself then. Once I was done with it he tried it and loved it so much that now he wants me to make it all the time. It’s creamy and delicious and super healthy!
I found the recipe in my Whole Life Nutrition cookbook and made a few tweeks to it that fit our taste!
2 bunches of asparagus
6 cups of chicken broth
Half & Half (optional)
1. Cut up the shallots and leeks and saute in a 6 qt pot for about 5 minutes
2. Wash and cut the ends of the asparagus and then add them into the pot
3. Add in the broth and all of the spices (minus parsley) to taste and simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes
4. Throw in the fresh parsley and use an immersion blender to blend up the soup until smooth
5. Garnish with fresh lemon juice and optional half and half
And there you have it! It’s super simple and clean eating! I hope you enjoy and be sure to comment with any questions you might have!