Well Friday is finally here! I know I had mentioned doing a post about favorites but I have a few more things to get done for that post before I do it so I decided I would share another recipe in my simple yet sophisticated weeknight meal series!
This was actually a brand new thing for me to try and cook and my husband had to help me come up with it because I had never cooked mahi mahi before! It was super delicious and I would highly recommend it if you’re looking to branch out in the fish department.
1 filet of Mahi Mahi
Blackened seasoning to coat
1 cup of rice
2 cups of water
1 golden beet
1 bunch of Dino kale
1 cup of chopped mushrooms
For the fish:
1. Take the fish filet and make sure there are no bones. Then coat the fish with the blackened seasoning on both sides. We left the skin on the fish to cook and then took it off before serving
2. Cook the fish in a sauté pan for about 6 minutes on each side and an internal temperature of 145 degrees
For the veggie side:
1. Cut up the golden beet into long strips and chop the kale into pieces
2. Use a sauté pan and some cooking oil to cook the beet, kale, and mushrooms until done with salt and pepper
For the rice:
1. I usually use a long grain rice and do one part rice two parts water
2. Let the water boil and then cover for 12 minutes
There you have it! Another super simple meal that is healthy and delicious! Hope you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!